1. Labels are my friend! I make TONS of name labels in all sizes when I get my class list. This is so much easier than writing a child's name 100 times X 18 on everything in your classroom! Plus, for students who can't write their name, it's a quick fix for the first few weeks until they learn to write.
2. I Assign rug spots in ABC order. I never did this until I saw one of my friends do it. It saves so much time and "heartache" for the students. They can't argue who to sit beside or NOT to sit beside...there is no fighting over who sits close to the teacher or on the "pink butterfly" on the rug. They have their ABC spot and it's no one else's.
3. Keep a correspondence page for communication between you and parents for each child. Date it and document what you need to. This is a wonderful tool for parent conferences and if ever a question arises about a particular situation.
4. Be SILLY with your kids! I promise you'll enjoy your day more....sometimes you just need to laugh!
5. LOVE those babies. Tell them you love them and care about them...even those little stinkers. You may be the only love they get each day!
I hope you HOP on over and Link-Up!