Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pumpkins

So much for a cute blog post title...my brain's already asleep!  We studied pumpkins this week and learned the letter Pp.  Check out a few of our centers and fun activities from the week...Yep....that's all I've got.
My Pumpkinlicious Unit on tpt has some of these center ideas...the polkadot pumpkin page came from the Autumn Math and Literacy Centers by me and Deanna.
You can find the pumpkin investigation under the freebies label on my sidebar.




My pumpkin unit includes a fun graphing activity.  I forgot to take a pic of the graph, but each student grabs a pumpkin face from the bucket...then whoever is doing the center has to survey their friends to see which pumpkin they got.  They loved it!

The pumpkin floated...to their surprise

We completed the pumpkin investigation except for counting our pumpkin' seeds...not enough time


We learned the poem Five Little Pumpkins and made this to take home to retell to our families.  This is made from die-cuts.

On pajama day I always read The Napping House, one of my faves, and Goodnight Moon.  Then, we sleep and wake up only when we hear rhyming words.  I got this idea from Mrs. Flannagan who no longer has her website, but I do it every year...so much fun!


We learned about the life cycle of a pumpkin and made these cute pumpkins...the back has 1/2 a paper plate stapled to it to make a pocket which holds the sequence cards.

15 comments:

  1. where can I get your Pumpkin Investigations sheet? I love it! Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,
    Me again. I love your spin and write game. I just made a similar version. Do you mind if I post it on my blog? I'll put in a link to your blog and TPT store, of course. If it's okay with you, I'll post it Monday evening. beleyne@gmail.com

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I used your Pumpkin Investigation sheet with my Ks last week and it went really well. I blew it up to 11x17 and did it as a whole class - it was perfect. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I'm not finding the pumpkin polkadots. I've looked through my fall literacy and math set and can't find it. Did you make another unit with Deanna?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have your pumpkin unit and the fall unit you made with Mrs. Jump. I can't find the pumpkin investigation page. It is included in one of these units and if not, where could I find it?
    Thank you for sharing.
    cgdsmiths@gmail.com
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry. I read a little closer and found the pumpkin investigation.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this is silly, but when I put the spinner together the paperclip falls off. Is there a special trick to it? :) Thanks!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. We did the pumpkin unit this week :) It went really well. We did part of the the unit. There was so much do you do it over a 2 week period?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashley,
    yes, it falls off with us too, but we just stick it back on. I've not found anything else that works for a home-made spinner. Try using a small paper clip rather than a large one. :)

    Anonymous...I do it in a week, but i have 3 sets of center baskets during the day, morning...literacy...and math.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many wonderful ideas I hardly know where to start! Unfortunately we were hit by the October snow and lost days we would have spent on pumpkins. I sure will use these ideas next year though. Thank you so much for sharing!

    Ashley DeMazza
    Falls Village, CT
    North Canaan Elementary School

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is your pumpkins centers avaliable for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love a copy of the pumpkin sizing/sequencing page. It is the one shown in the photo with the blue background just above the poem with the pumpkins on the fence.
    Could someone please send me a copy of that?
    I am a new kindergarten teacher and would love your help!
    THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Painstakingly arrange your next stride. Go to the moneylenders and take subtle elements of the poor credit automobile advance alternatives offered by them. Try not to be eliminated by the appealing offers and rebates they may give you as most may have concealed expenses. cash advance san-diego

    ReplyDelete
  14. You may be confined to new autos that fall in a specific value range and the utilized vehicles may should be purchased underneath wholesale esteem, as indicated by the Kelley Blue Book or NADA. To keep your regularly scheduled installments inside a reasonable value range for your financial plan, this is something you would need to remember, in any case. Cash Advance Chicago

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover