Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Fun

Whew!  What a busy, week!  I can only imagine next week, but hey... Santa's almost here...what should we expect?!  We did a lot of fun things this week...a lot of assessing...and more next week too!  Let's skip assessment and get right to the FUN stuff!  


Both of these games are in the Winter Games for Math and Literacy from Deanna Jump and myself...


Manipulating letters to build sight words...


Now that we are segmenting sounds in words, syllables was a little confusing...so we are practicing

These 3 plus 18 other math and literacy centers are included in my new Deck the Halls Christmas unit...


I've had the reindeer fact book from Mailbox in my folder for years and finally got around to making it the way I wanted to and actually doing it...turned out so cute!  I used the same words as that one, just changed the cover a bit...



If you like it, grab the freebie below!  :)  

Look at my goodies...reindeer buckets came from Target dollar section...they may have them this year; Santa bag in the middle came from Target dollar section this year...I have objects from the Lakeshore sound tubs in it for a game; Santa buckets...Dollar Tree last year...they may have them again, not sure.  
These are in our station next week so check back for pictures.
I love games that incorporate fine motor practice...we so need it!  :)  PLUS, it's fun!


These symmetrical ornaments make our classroom look adorable!  Since school is our home away from home, it has to look "a lot like Christmas" there too!  

I saw this on a website a few years ago...littlegiraffes.com
I give all the strips to my little friends and they must put them in order from shortest to tallest before gluing them on their paper.  I check each one first.  Such great math skill practice but in a fun way!  Last, we add snow with white paint and a q-tip.

Our TLC Santa's make our door look darling!

Our class Christmas tree...love all the "kid ornaments"...

we played a rhyming rudolph color word game...LOTS of times because they kept begging to...


Enjoy your freebie below...if you snatch it up, let me know what you think.

Reindeer Fact Book Pics

29 comments:

  1. Can't wait to do the reindeer book with my kids! They will love it. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the Reindeer rhyming game a part of your christmas pack? If not, where might I find it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the reindeer book! Important facts yet pretty easy to "read" for them. I have found so many wonderful things to use next week - sure hope I can fit it all in before the break!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your things as usual! Thanks for sharing!!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your gingerbread unit, and winter centers with Deanna. I can't wait to make the reindeer book, it is perfect!!!!
    Tonia in Redlands,Ca.
    a big fan!,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the freebie! I've bought several of your units and they are great!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the shortest to longest Christmas tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie I"m curious what kind of dot stickers you use on your centers for your kids to count?

    Rachelle
    http://sweetkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachelle,
    the ones on the santa bags came from a local school store called schoolcraft....i don't have the package to tell you the company but there's a ton in the pack. i've also used creative teaching press' poppin pattern ones too. Schoolcraft has an online store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, the poppin pattern ones are what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie,
    I love your Rhyming Rudolph color game. How do you play it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. A question about down loading... Scridb. wants me to log on to Facebook and wants me to agree to access to my Facebook account to get and post anything. Does that sound right? Is there another, safer way, to access the documents? Thanks!
    Melinda F.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melinda,
    I'm not really sure...you're supposed to be able to just download it w/out going through all of that I think...not sure. If you will e-mail I can send it to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your ideas. I recently purchased your unit. I was wondering where did you buy the small dot stickers that you have in the santa sacks. I have gone everywhere looking for them. I just can't seem to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are very creative ideas.
    Dawn
    http://literacymathideas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Making plans for next week this morning and was trying to come up with a reindeer activity. Thanks!
    And I love the holiday tree idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous,
    I got the stickers from a local school supply store...I know creative teaching press has a version of poppin patterns that are very similar with 2 colors...the ones shown here were less expensive and I got a lot more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so prolific!!! Lucky students. The book is a wonderful share.
    Thank you.
    - Lisa from ateachersbagoftricks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is one of the cute and funny looking post.Your blog providing good entertainment.This is one of the pleasurable post.I like this.this is one of the colorful post.
    Android app developers

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just gave you the versatile blogger award! Check it out here: http://creativeteaching-kimberly.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Do you hand cut all of your pattern block shapes for your ornaments? They are adorable! I would love to do that in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm trying to download the Reindeer book and Scribed wants me to become a member. Would you mind to email the document? I would love to have it to go with my unit! Thank you very much. I love all of your creative ideas and activites.

    Erin
    erin.mussler@jefferson.kyschools.us

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am also having trouble downloading the document from Scribed :( I would LOVE to do this book with my children after Thanksgiving! Do you mind emailing it to me? Thank you SO MUCH in advance! Love all the wonderful things you do with your kindergarteners!

    klittlefield@scarborough.k12.me.us

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi from Australia! A few weeks ago I used one of your ideas above as inspiration for an activity with my special needs class (the length ordering Christmas tree). I never managed to take photos of our work though.. Grrr. I've included a link to your blog in mine though... Drop by and tell me if what I've done is ok if you like. (teachingdesk.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/christmas-at-school.html) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The deficiency cost throughout the following decade, as indicated by the proposed spending plan, would be about $8.5 TRILLION. In the event that you include the $2.8 TRILLION shortages from the previous year and this year, the aggregate deficiency spending of the political class could be $11.3 TRILLION or an incredible $87,000 per family unit. Since the administration is famous for belittling costs, this $87,000 assessment is likely downplayed. www.usacheckcashingstore.com/san-diego

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thus owning a fresh out of the plastic new Ford or Hyundai is past the limit of salaried individuals unless one is filling in as a top organization official. This is the reason the vast majority settle on an utilized auto advance to take care of the expense of an extravagant, present day vehicle. Such advances are valuable for individuals with terrible FICO assessment. cash advance

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am having trouble accessing the reindeer document through Scribd...would you mind sending me through email? It will be great for my students this week before Christmas!

    megandiller12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am having trouble accessing the reindeer document through Scribd...would you mind sending me through email? It will be great for my students this week before Christmas!

    megandiller12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover