Hey y'all! My summer is fabulous so far! But, it's soooooo HOT! Oh my stars! However, I kinda feel like it's just getting started...we went to the beach, then had VBS, then swimming lessons so it's been crazy so far. BUT, I wouldn't change it...so fun! Anywho, I've had tons of questions about how I made the cute little banners that head up each station in my classroom from last year. Thought I'd do a quick little post about them. You can see samples of them in the pictures below! :)
1. Decide on a color scheme for your banners.
2. Gather heavy cardstock, scrapbook paper, bulletin board letters, permanent double stick tape, hole reinforcers, hole punch, lots of ribbon, and scissors.
3. Cut an 8 inch circle from the cardstock. (Tip: find a lid about that size and trace and cut)
4. Cut a 6.5 inch circle from scrapbook paper (use same tip as above)
5. Purchase bulletin board letters from a teacher supply store OR die-cut letters from your school out of heavy cardstock. (Choose your letter color carefully so it will show up well)
6. Use double-sided tape to attach the small circles and letters to the large circle. Don't be shy with your tape. It does stick very well though. Use SCOTCH brand....don't even try generic...doesn't hold well! Trust me...been there done that!
7. Use a hole puncher to punch holes on the sides of each large circle only.
8. Place a hole reinforcer around each punched hole to keep it from tearing.
9. Lay your circles out on the floor in a line the way you will tie them together.
10. Cut LOTS of ribbons in about a 10-12 in length.
11. Double up your ribbons for extra cuteness...run the ribbons through the holes to tie 2 circles together. Tie in a double knot. Don't forget the ends too!
12. Voila! You have an adorable banner for anything you can think of! I make these for my girls birthday parties too!
I hope this helps! I would be happy to put some on tpt if any of you'd like. Let me know! :) Happy crafting.
Is there anything special you would like me to post on this summer?