Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Friday, August 30, 2013

TGIF!

Boy am I tired!  First full week is exhausting!  Thank goodness for a 3 day weekend.
Besides learning our rules and expectations & building our classroom community,   
we have been all over learning about colors and shapes this week.  Check out some of the fun things we did this week.  The shape ideas can be found in my Tip Top Shapes unit.  


Shape Shakes

Aren't these adorable?  I just love the way they turned out!
These were so fun!  First, they chose their favorite shape in their favorite color.  Girls got sprinkles (confetti) and boys got whipped cream (shaving cream and glue mixture). Everyone got a cherry for the top.



Shape Practice Pages

We will complete one of these for 11 colors.  I like these for so many reasons...tracing, writing, coloring, cutting on lines, & drawing skills.  By the time they do a few they get the hang of the basic skills and can focus on ordering the letters correctly to build the color word.  After doing 11 of them, they are pros!  I feel this gets my kinders in the "completing center work" mode.  These are in my Colors & Shapes with Brown Bear.

Last, we have been practicing, practicing, practicing basic skills.  This is great for those little ones who have never used glue before.  It's a great visual of how "using glue" should look.  My students love the "sparkly surprise" every time!  This can be found in my School's in Session unit.

Happy Weekend Friends!

6 comments:

  1. I really like the shape shakes and the glue dot page. Have you seen the glue tops where they press down and only one dot comes out? So wonderful. I ordered a class set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a good artist...love all your shape pictures! We start school next week and I know what you mean about training them to become pros at doing center work. I always forget how little they are when they come to you in September!

    Enjoy your 3 day weekend!
    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great week! I just finished week 2 and am SO ready for a 3 day weekend!
    I'll be starting colors next week and love to use your color pages...my kiddos last year did really well with them and I'm hoping my new bunch does just as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Shape Practice pages. How can I get a hold of them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If i will compare this School with Indus International Junior School in Hyderabad then i think Indus is better place to admit your child. And also admissions are going on for 2014-15 session, Visit: http://indusjuniorschool.com/campaign/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really cute and adorable ideas, keep on posting more.
    Kindergarten Schools in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover