Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Monday, April 21, 2014

Farm Centers and Activities

This week we're finishing up our zoo centers and activities plus reptiles, but I wanted to show you our new farm centers and some of our activities we did a couple of weeks ago.
By the way, have you ever heard of the Mobile Dairy?  It comes to our school every year and it's such a great opportunity for our kids.  Click HERE to go check it out!  The kids love seeing how cows really are milked plus they share tons of important info. about cows and dairy farms!
Also, our school has this huge farm day, thanks to Mrs. Henderson, where our students rotate to tons of fun stations to learn all about plants, animals, and farms.  We plant a flower, make a "beanie baby" to wear around our neck, work on the farm fishing, painting the barn, building the fence, shearing the sheep, riding the horse, milking the cows, & gathering eggs. We got to see farm animals, learn about horses, hear Mrs. Wishy Washy tell her story and much more.  :)




I love reading the little fact books about animals to my kiddos.  They are always so interested in the cool facts they hear that they may not have heard otherwise.  So, we made these little charts to help us with our learning.

We made these little cutie patooties.  What I love about them SO much is that they are super FAST and so adorable hanging up!  This way, we spend more time working on writing our facts and really concentrating on spacing, sight words, sounding out words, and punctuation.
You can find these and more HERE in my Faces of the Farm pack with Jamie Mayas.
I just love watching them grow as writers!


Guess what?  I made NEW farm centers.  My older ones were a little outdated and not really hard enough for my little group this year.  :)  That's a good problem!
So, below is what I came up with!  You can find these FARM CENTERS HERE.



























That pretty much sums up our farm week.  :)




11 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with the names you gave your games!! YOu are seriously so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Thanks! I think naming them is my favorite part! I dwell on it for days. :)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to buy your farm unit! Thanks, looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great! Thank you for sharing the info on the Mobile Dairy, I will definitely be looking into having them come to our school when we do farm next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Just wish I had it a few weeks ago. I will have to remember it for next year and check for a mobile dairy in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love the way your centers run so smoothly and how independently the children can work doing worthwhile activities. This will be a fun unit for next year! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the art work and the short sight word passages. I have used so much of your items this past year. Thanks for being an awesome teacher. Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute!! We do our farm unit in the fall, but want to do it in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Has anyone ever come up with unacceptable words in your quack quack word families? Or is it just me and the way my mind works!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We usually do our Farm Unit and activities in the Spring when there are new "babies" to see!! I love your Farm activities!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is too much fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover