Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Whole Body Listening

If you read this blog regularly, you know that we spend a ton of time at the beginning of school on rules, prodedures, routing & LISTENing!  :)  I wanted to do an extra lesson and activity on whole body listening and this is what I came up with. 



First, this song popped into my head and I quickly made a chart for us to use.  
I gathered my kiddos at the rug and taught them the song.  We used the picture clues to help us remember which body parts we can use to listen.  We pointed to each body part as we sang.  

Then, we made these little Whole Body Listeners & labeled them.  We did this at the rug together.  


This whole lesson took about 45 mins to an hour to complete.  We did it in 2 sessions.  
I hope you find this post useful!  
If you do, how about some "comment" love!  :)

And, if you missed it, I made a post on how I organize my Intervention Notebooks.
Click next post or keep scrolling to read it.  :)

14 comments:

  1. These are adorable! Great song too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely found this post useful! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Whole BOdy Listening program! I love the language they use - perfect for my kiddos :)

    Thank you!

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  4. S0 cute! I think I will use a version of this in my classroom tomorrow to review these concepts. I've been starting each week with a review... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious! I would LOVE for you to be Joelle's teacher!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Plan to try this out next week in my K class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the heart is added into whole brain listening, it's all about caring!
    Thank you for your post, I love what you do in your classroom!

    Gloria
    2scoopsofkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so great! I have really been working on this with my students and this song will be a great addition! Thanks for sharing! Do you have a template that you used for the people and labels? I would love to do this with my students by could not draw a person for them to cut out! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the best! Is that the whole song, and what tune is the song.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I' m a kindergarten teacher from Greece! I am definitely doing this! NOW! Thank you for the wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I teach mindfulness classes to children and use whole body listening to establish respect in the classroom. It is so in line with the skills in mindful awareness that we are cultivating! I plan to add the song and craft project as reinforcers. Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover