Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine's Day Stuff and Goldilocks

Because I was at jury duty most of the week, I didn't get a lot of pics of the kids in action, but I snapped a few.  Plus, I'm really tired and ready for bed!  Here goes...We've been reading Goldilocks and the Three Bears this week and Mrs. Monica announced that she got in to Mrs. Penney and Mrs. Mitchell's office and broke their chairs, but she was on the loose.  She didn't come in our room, but knocked and left a surprise for us.  (our reading coach does this for the whole school and since we are an all kindergarten school...she is awesome!  )



She wrote us a letter and left us a cool book about the Arctic and a map of Antarctica...that is what we will be learning about next week with our reading series.


This game we rolled the die and a +/- cube to add or take away cubes.  It's supposed to played with hershey kisses, but I forgot them.



a roll and cover sentence strip game


We drew hearts, bingo dotted them, measured them, and completed a sentence for them.
They look so cute hanging from the ceiling.



Valentine addition.  My kids did so good with this.


Measuring hearts


These turned out so cute.  This is what it looks like closed...


what it looks like open!



We played a sight word game like the one I found on growingkinders a few months ago.  My kids love them so much I made one for valentine's.  We were looking for the yellow foam heart on the back this time.


passing out valentines


our cute little bags we made...I found this on thefirstgradeparade blog







This is a picture of our penguin KWL charts.


11 comments:

  1. I love all of your ideas! I'm going to create a few of the centers for Monday!
    It would be a dream to teach at an all kindergarten school!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am revaming what I am doing for Valentine's Day. These are SO cute. I love your bags!!
    Donna
    http://kinderglynn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ideas! I've awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award.

    www.oceansoffirstgradefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love your unit for next year...whenever you get a chance!

    Thanks so much!
    amy.j.cohan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you explain more about the sight word game you mention? I went to the other site referenced but it doesn't go right to the game...I looked around a bit and didn't see it. Love me a good sight word game!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am interested in the game as well!

      Delete
  6. I just got so many new ideas for Valentines Day! I found the first one on Pinterest, which brought me to your blog! Now....do I have time to get them ready for Tuesday???
    Thanks for sharing! Oh, BTW, how do you play the sight word game?
    Thanks,
    Susan
    A Garden of Children

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blogs and every other content is so entertaining and useful It makes me come back again.
    Loving Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be that as it may, the uplifting news is that, today's banks are particularly aware of the gigantic monetary emergency that had hit the nation. They feel the delayed consequences of the emergency and keep their entryways open, so that their benefits don't go down. They are likewise stressed as they can end up being not able pay their bills. Check Cashing San-diego

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the event that your decision of auto is a Honda and you are searching for Honda auto fund then the most ideal approach to discover data in regards to the extensive variety of financing alternatives is to run online with an expert auto advances site. The scope of financing incorporates decisions, for example, individual contract buy, procure buy or credit buy and you can locate the best arrangements online rapidly and effortlessly. https://www.usapaydayloanstore.com/chicago

    ReplyDelete
  10. Auto credit alterations can stay away from these dreadful entrapments and keep you out and about where you should be. Along these lines, the dealership gets paid, the fund organization is sensibly fulfilled and the individual car proprietor can keep going to work each day and winning cash. auto title loans

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover