Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Friday, September 9, 2011

All About Me and Name Cheers

Have you ever read the book Clap your Hands by Lorinda Bryan Cauley?  So cute!  Here are pictures of my kiddos enjoying this book...my student teacher Ms. Wood read it to them.  They LOVED it!  Order it now!  This week we did our "All About Me" unit...we learned all about...well...us!  Below you will see pictures of our graphs.  We learned what graphs are and why they are important.  We did lots of fun activities to go with our unit!




We rainbow bingo dotted our names at the art center this week...Next week we will measure our names with links and cubes.

I got this idea from Mrs. Estes a few years ago....this one is always the class favorite...I think because it's different from the others, but it's fun to watch it "take shape" as we piece it together.

 Hair color graph...we use crinkle paper for the hair on this one...

boy or girl graph...girls have bows and boys have bow ties...don't you just love their hair??

We read Chrysanthemum and then graphed the letters in our name.  We analyzed our data...

We measured how tall we are using jumbo die-cut crayons then we recorded it on our paper using mini die-cut crayons.  I got this idea from Kim Jordano at our conference this summer.

We made TLC style girls and boys...I love the way each person has it's own little personality

We cheered the letters in our name...

 here we are cheering...

 I made it into a class book that will go in our reading loft


 We made shakers using crepe paper...it looked like this first then...

it looks like this when it's finished!

My Super Star Work board with "super star work" on it!!

Here is a Cheerleader Name Book Freebie for ya!

cheerleader names

20 comments:

  1. DANG CUTE!!!!!! I love the cheer!!!!!!! Seriously!
    -Rachelle
    whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I love your eye graph. I will have to remember that for my class. Thanks for the cheer freebie. We cheer our sight words every week so we'll have to add cheering our names.
    http://mskerriandherkrazykindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Julie! The Cheerleader Names idea is really cute!

    Ѽ Alessia
    Mrs. Albanese’s Kindergarten Class

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great pictures! Your classroom looks like a happy place to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stuff just gets cuter and cuter with every post!!!! Love it all!!!! Thanks so much for sharing and for being such an inspiration!!;)
    Little Warriors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome ideas as usual...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cheer book is soooo cute! Thanks again for sharing such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute! Going to do the cheerleader names booklet this week!! Thanks girl!!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank- you for the freebie!!! awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will you email me the cheerleader copy in google docs or email? I can't figure out scribd! Kristibrewer@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog! I just bought your chicka chicka boom boom unit on tpt & I love it. I am doing an all about me unit next week. Do you have it available to buy? I really live the tlc type boy & girl. Do you have the directions for those availAble? Thanks!

    Patty King
    kingp@bedfordk12tn.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all the great ideas with names- I love the cheerleader names and the bingo dabber one that I will use next week with my kids.
    I really liked the boy and girl graph and I did it with my kids. They did a great job.
    It is really fun to see your great ideas in action.
    Regards from Western Canada,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these ideas. Do you have the colors paper that has them trace, write, draw, and spell out the colors anywhere to download on your site? Did you make these yourself or get them from somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miss Crump,
    You can find all of the colors pages you are asking about in my Brown Bear Unit at my teacherspayteachers store. Thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are remarkable. I know you must spend every waking hour creating! Any chance you could help with lesson plan format? what order do you introduce theme units. Tell me more about the color days and reading conga. thank you so much for your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are remarkable. I know you must spend every waking hour creating! Any chance you could help with lesson plan format? what order do you introduce theme units. Tell me more about the color days and reading conga. thank you so much for your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Makes me wish I was back teaching kindergarten..oh the fun! Great post. Check out my name cheers and songs: www.mrsodaniels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi...I love this idea with the Cheerleader names, however, I'm having a hard time downloading the freebie. Can you email it to me or tell me how I can download it?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover