Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Monster Centers and Monster Fun!

What a fun, busy week!  Here's a peek at what our stations looked like this week.  My kids loved these centers and were truly engaged.  I love that my kiddos are catching on to our routine and doing their work so well!  Here's how it all went down...

patterning with monsters

Syllable counting...this is included in my Monster's TpT Unit


We sorted M's and not M's...funny how they turned some of the W's to be M's...SMART!
(this activity is in the Monster Unit)

We listened for beginning sounds...If it started with /m/ it got a smiley, if not it got a frowny
this is included in the unit

Here we practiced recognizing Mm and writing Mm by tracing the letter...
I think lowercase m will win
(this is included in the unit)

We have a pocket chart story every week.  Throughout the year they include most of our sight words and get harder over time...this week they practiced the word AM and color words.
(this is included in the unit)


practicing sight words...this activity is in the unit as well.

We are still working on recognizing numbers to 6...these roll and dot games really help!
(this is in the unit)

Practicing one-to-one and writing numbers.
(this is in the unit)

We measured monsters with cubes
(it's in the unit)




These are our unfinished monster glyphs....we have to add the nose
But they're cute huh?

Our cookie monsters sorted shape cookies..I LOVE how cute these turned out!


We are using Kim Jordano's poetry journal for our letter poems each week.  This is our M poem.  We have a journal where we find the M's and such.  My student teacher is making me a set of all of the poetry cards and they are too cute!

We finished our Pete's and they turned out adorable.  This came from Deanna's Pete the Cat packet.

 We are having our monster mash tomorrow so I'll post a few pictures then.

23 comments:

  1. I love all of your monsters... so very cute!!
    Lory
    Lory's Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the monster center pictures! I'm prepping that unit as I write this comment. Your monster unit is wonderful and has so many great activities.
    I can't wait to have monster week!
    Tonia in Redlands,CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your monster mash. I am going to have to purchase your Monster Unit and add it to my collection!! Looks like another wonderful unit!!
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do a monster unit in October (in lieu of Halloween). Your unit will be perfect to use!
    Tessa
    Spotlight on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I now have Monster envy! I am adding your monster unit to my wishlist for when I get back in K, there are just too many wonderful ideas to pass up!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing the photos, it totally brings your unit to life!


    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. W-O-W! Seriously, I'm impressed :)

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing. I'm completely inspired. I just am heading off to buy the Monster Unit...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such creativity - what lucky little monsters you have! Do you know the book I Need My Monster by Amanda Noll? Your kids would L.O.V.E. it! Flashlight Press put it out last year and it's about a kid whose monster leaves to go fishing, so he interviews some other monsters but none of them stacks up. It'd be perfect for this unit or center! Enjoy the monster mash.

    Barbara
    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing! Are the cute monster die-cuts (patterning, pocket chart, and sight word activities) included in your Monster Unit on TPT?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I love your blog..I have a question. You had an apple investigation you posted on July 15th..I tried to download it and it wont let me.Is there any way that you could send it to me? mayoralm@flaglerschools.com
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you explain more about the monster glyph? How does that work? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog has inspired me and for that I have given you the "I heart your blog" award. Thanks for all you're wonderful ideas and activities!!!

    Rachelle
    http://sweetkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog is FABULOUS! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the big pie graphs you do with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This may be a silly question, but how do you make the cute pie graphs, and then how do you go about doing it with the kids?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE all these activities. I just bought your Fall Unit on TPT and can't wait to get starting with it in my class. I have joined your blog, added you to my blogs that I follow and have posted on my blog about your Fall Unit. Come over and see me.

    Diana
    coleslittlepups.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julie! LOVE this theme! Going to purchase it too! I also was wondering how you do the pie chart with your class? What size paper do you use? Do you cut out brown and white circles and then cut pieces? Just wondering how you get the pieces to all fit together? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have such awesome ideas! I sent the 'I Heart Your Blog' award your way!


    ☺Jody

    Camp Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea for Halloween month! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is One of a kind activities. These ideas will really help me.

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover